Wednesday, January 19, 2005

It's a Juice World

So it was 12:30am last night and I was lying sprawled out on my bed after an evening at the local gym, with a frozen bottle of Martinelli's apple juice perched atop my face trying to excavate the remaining frozen juices into my mouth. Yes I am somewhat mentally challenged but juice is oh-so-good and a frozen slushee style Martinelli's apple juice is pure exquisiteness.

I don't recall exactly how my fondness for all things juice started but I'm sure it had in part something to do with my strict upbringing of a no soda/junk food diet, and the fact that our family was financially strapped for cash in our younger years.

Orange, grape, apple, watermelon, (yes from Sam Woo) lemonade it doesn't really matter as long as its 100% unpasteurized, unadulterated, not from concentrate, no HFC (high-fructose corn syrup) and no additives. Every few days the gallon sized container of OJ purchased from the local Costco is thrown out empty as I wonder ''where did it all go?" knowing full well that I'm the only juice drinker in the household. Perhaps I should invest in a small juice handpress for daily freshly squeezed OJ. Juice for thought.

Recently I've become a big fan of the açai fruit imported from the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil through Sambazon (its only U.S. Distributor) and made available locally from Juice Me Up. With a unique taste somewhere between grape, chocolate and nuts I prefer the açai in a smoothie format for optimal tastiness. Made popular in the news recently for its apparent health benfits, this purple berry claims to have more anthocyanins and antioxidants than red wine. Bottom line - try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home