Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'll Never Forget

The flowers fell today and I remembered when you cried. Standing on the solemn hillside under the shaded mulberry trees, the years of late laughters and early smiles came rushing back to mind like the thunder of the crashing waves pounding the jagged cliffs.

It was an empty feeling of solitude and of rest, but nothing could have changed the fact that you were gone. The colored blossoms drifted in full bloom and I clenched my eyes tightly, watching the world turn to black, holding the pain of a lifetime in my heart.

I loved the woman you turned out to be. The unending strength in your smile, and the vigor beneath your skin. You stood for everything virtuous, pure and right in what a woman was meant to be in this world and for that I loved you even more. You had a graceful presence that was as gentle as a child's touch and calm as the windless sea that I felt every time I was near you and yet I still couldn't get enough. Your warm breath on my skin was more intoxicating than wine itself and filled, even in my stupor, I was held amazed at the brilliance you left against backdrop of the night sky.

I laid my hands against your grave and felt a rush of comforting truth touch my heart, similar to the butterflies I had felt many times before, when you would wrap your arms around me. Time seemed to stand still and I counted to eternity, remembering all there was to remember about your love and the years we had shared.

"I'll never forget," were the words you whispered that day you left, when I tried so desperately to wipe the tears that fell from your beautiful face. And even though you had yet to finish, I knew exactly how you felt from just those three words for I felt it too.

"I'll never forget you" my love.

-An original short story by me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home